2012年11月13日 星期二

Thanksgiving Day~ 感恩節

When is Thanksgiving Day?
Thanksgiving Day is celebrated on the 4th Thursday of November in U.S.
Thanksgiving Day is a family reunion day.


[1] Warm up~

1) How do you usually show appreciation? 你通常如何表達感謝?
     I usually show appreciation by …  我通常藉由… 表達感謝。
a warm
thank you card
溫暖的感謝卡
treating a
meal / coffee
招待餐飲
sending a
gift / flower / plant
送禮物/花/盆栽
returning
a favor
回報恩惠
giving a
big hug
一個擁抱

2) Who has been helpful to you last week?  上週誰曾幫助過你?

     … has been helpful to me last week.  上週… 曾幫助過我。
my husband
我先生
my best friend
我最好的朋友
my co-worker
我同事
a stranger
陌生人
no one
沒有人

3) How often do you help others?  你會常常幫助別人嗎?
     I … help others. 我… 幫助別人。
never
從不
rarely
很少
sometimes
有時候
often
常常
usually
經常
always
總是

4) Which festival is your family reunion day?  什麼節日是你的家庭團聚日?
     My family usually get together on… .   我們家經常在… 的時候聚在一起。
New
Year
新年
Dragon Boat
Festival
端午節
Moon
Festival
中秋節
one’s
birthday
某人的
生日
Christmas
聖誕節
a wedding
婚禮



[2] Thanksgiving must have~


Thanksgiving card
感恩節卡片

turkey
火雞

crop(s)
農作物

pumpkin pie
南瓜派

Early bird special
早鳥優惠

shopping 購物
on sale 特賣
discount 折扣
30% off 打七折
parade 遊行

Tom: Hi May, is this your first thanksgiving in US?
May: Yes, this is my first one.  
Tom: Do you have any plans?
May: I’m going to have dinner at my friend’s house, and you?
Tom: We will cook dinner with my parents.
May: It sounds wonderful.
Tom: Do you know Macy’s has an early bird special tomorrow?
May: Really?  It sounds great.
Tom: Would you like to join me?
May: I love to.  See you tomorrow.



[3] Holidays Plans~
Choose a holiday or celebration.  Then ask and answer these questions with a partner.  Use the activities in the box or your own ideas.
visit friends
    have a party       
have a picnic
make dinner
go shopping
go to a parade
    open presents      
play games
    go see a movie      


1) What holiday are you thinking about?  你想到什麼節日?
Ans.) I’m thinking about …

2) What are you going to do on …  你在… 會做些什麼?
Ans.) I will …

3) Where will go?  你將會去什麼地點?
Ans.) I will go to …

4) Who will be there with you?  誰會跟你去?
Ans.) … will be there with me.

5) How will you get there?  你要如何去?
Ans.) I will …




沒有留言:

張貼留言

歡迎留下想法或意見供彼此交流!! Thank you!! ^o^
說明:為過濾垃圾留言,所有留言不會即時發佈,請稍待片刻,謝謝。